Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Last Thursday






Here is some of my stash from Keepsake Quilting and Fry's Measure Mill. I had my first Celebrations class last Thursday. It was Ruby Slipper with Louise Henderson. She is a very sweet lady. I was surprized that only 3 people were in the class. Most classes listed a minimum of 10 but they didn't stick to that. I later learned that the attendance was 175 this year at Celebrations as opposed to 300 last year. The Ruby Slipper was difficult to work because we were working on deep red fabric with deep red threads and the thread was two strands silk and two strands blending filament. Luckily there isn't that much stitching to it. I love having kits that have all the stuff you need all in one envelope - you don't have to go looking for stuff, go to the store or have to substitute, etc. Anyway, it was fun and I am about half done.

Then in the afternoon I had the Grandma's Sewing Roll class. The piece is way prettier in person than in the picture. I hadn't had this teacher before. She was a bit "scattered". Some parts were missing from some of the kits and she didn't hand out the ribbon until the class was done. One person left early and didn't even get any ribbon. The big problem with the class was the fabric smelled strongly of smoke. I think I will work this on a different piece of fabric. I don't really want the fabric to look like it came from the Civil War era anyway.

Thursday night was the Make-It Take-It. We made a fabric box, a zipper flower pin, a pin keep(?)from Louise Henderson, a large paper clip with a yoyo and a beaded little purse thingie from the Scattered teacher. It was fun. I have since tossed the zipper flower. I usually prefer the round robins that will be on Friday.

I am finding that I know some people at Celebrations from other stitching retreats. Paula from Legacy and Angela from Dying to Stitch. My BFF's friend Captain Lu knows just about everybody. On Thursday we were all excited because Friday the Vendor Mall opens. I am still drooling just thinking about it.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment