Friday, June 11, 2021

More Pansies

 I decided I wanted to start this kit.

I hate the orange satin fabric. It is just horrid. I have some Duchess satin from Jenny Adin Christie. I checked all my pieces of satin and I likes this the best. It is not as dark as the photo suggests.

I had an adventure trying to get the design on the fabric. First I started tracing the design with the iron on transfer pen on the fabric. No! You are supposed  to trace onto paper and then iron it on. Duh. I also tried a black ink tracing onto the satin. Nope. Satin fabric makes the pen line bleed larger than I wanted. So then I made an iron on tracing on paper. Guess what? That didn't work either. The transfer went right through the satin and transferred onto my ironing board cover. What the ? The lines on the satin were so faint you couldn't see them. What you see is pencil line tracing on the third piece of satin. This is either a pin cushion or tape measure cover.

It is a hot one today. 

A

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!
    I hope you get it straightened out.
    Yes, very hot the last few days here also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty design and I agree with you and nearly anything will be better than the orange. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete