Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Hampton Court

 Here is Hampton Court in all its glory.


I was waiting to trim up on the sides just in case I needed to take the design bit further.

But when I checked the size by putting it behind the brass plate, it was perfect.


I did it!

So now the finishing. I ironed the stitching - carefully. 

I measured to see how much the stumpwork parts stick up (not much). I dug out the clock movement that I have to see if it will fit.  I think it will. I have to get DH to drill a hole in the middle of the heavy duty matboard the stitching will be mounted on. Next I will lace the stitching to the board. I am still deciding on the hands. I don't have the right size or color.  I didn't put numbers on the stitching because the brass plate has marks around the inner edge. I am very happy with how it looks. This may work out after all even if it seemed like a crazy idea when I started.

A

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, & will make an awesome clock!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete