Saturday, May 15, 2021

Finally

 I have been without internet service since Tuesday night.  It was awful!! I am so entertained by messing around on the internet and suddenly I couldn't do anything. The technician finally came this morning and within about 15 minutes he replaced our modem. Magic! Now I have internet! DH says our modem was about 25 years old and the technician says the old modems are now failing. People were getting worried about me. I have had a health problem crop up this week but hopefully it will be resolved soon.

I got so much stitching done since I wasn't wasting time down a rabbit hole on the internet. Hampton court is very close to being done! When there is nothing else to do, I stitch.


I haven't finished off the sides just in case I need to adjust the edge. But look! Only one more section or hillock as Jenny calls them, to go. 

I also finished the redwork sachet. 



Now I just have to sew it together. I got the lavender in the mail on Thursday so I'm all set. But sewing it together might be a bit tedious. it has pom pom trim on the edge.  I wanted to make it easier for myself so I tried to use my sewing machine to sew it on. Nut the edge of the pom poms is so small that I could hardly do it even with a zipper foot. I may have to do the rest by hand. 

The weather here has shifted to glorious. It is wonderful to walk. 

Have a great weekend!

A

3 comments:

  1. Hampton Court is looking wonderful and the sachet too, Amy! Hope you can get some rest and everything will be much better. -BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!
    The sachet also.
    Hope your health problem gets taken care of fast.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use those tiny pompoms on a lot of my cross stitches, too. They are so hard to stitch! I do them by hand and it is slow work. Glad you are back online, it's truly a "window to the world" isn't it?

    ReplyDelete