Thursday, May 21, 2020

Sucker

I spend too much time looking at FaceBook. I was tempted by an ad on FaceBook to buy some magnifiers as I am trying to work on silk gauze and having a hard time seeing it and thus making many mistakes. So I ordered a pair.  They took longer than expected to arrive.  It was expected to be 8-15 days but was 3 weeks already. I even emailed the company to ask where they were.  The company said they were stuck in customs! From China! I should have known. I probably wouldn't have ordered them if had known they were coming from China in a pandemic. Well, they finally came and I wore gloves to wipe them down with Lysol. 
Another reason I ordered them was they came with 5 different strengths. 



I love my Gels glasses that I get at Stitchville but I wanted a 3.5 and they don't come that high. The magnifiers do come with a 3.5. So I put them together and tried them out.


The lens was great for seeing the silk gauze.  I could see it very clearly. but the rubber covered metal nose thing was down right painful.
I will call this a learning experience.  So what to do? I googled 3.5 reading glasses and found some and ordered them. By the way, they are way cheaper than the ones from China.
A

2 comments:

  1. I did that once with a light that goes around your neck.
    Didn't know it was coming from China, wouldn't have ordered it. Turned it on & hubby said, quick, turn it off, it was hot! So, sent it back for a refund. It could've caught my clothing on fire!
    I guess we learn from our mistakes.
    Marilyn
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the new ones arrive quickly and fit better!

    ReplyDelete