Friday, May 8, 2020

DQ asks a Question

Dq wanted to know if I washed the wool felt I used with Larissa Holland's Twelve Days of Christmas.  I am basically a lazy person that skips steps I view as not necessary. But in this case I couldn't find my Sulky Solvy.  Amazon says I ordered the Sulky on December 22, 2016. I just couldn't find it and didn't remember exactly how it was used. The Sulky I bought can be printed on.


You print the pattern page on Sulky then you take off the backing paper an stick it to your felt. You embroider right through the paper. That way you get the embroidery exactly right.  Then you soak the Sulky in water and it disappears. So since I can't find my Sulky, I ordered more thanks to a Mother's Day gift card. (Thanks DS#1!)
A

2 comments:

  1. amy my instructions from benzie and Mmmcrafts by Larissa Holland (check out the Santa Claus ornament at Mmmcrafts its a stand up st nick you will love it) says the first thing to do is to wash the felt BEFORE you do anything else. Umm why???? Im like you like to cut corners so i wanted to know if that was safe or not. And i loved seeing my name as the header!!!!!!!Made my day lol!!!

    ReplyDelete