Friday, December 11, 2020

Happy Mail Part1

 I got some happy mail the other day.  It is another Inspirations kit. But there is a story behind it. I went on a Casket tour around England and Scotland in 2015. On the day the tour ended I was having breakfast in our London hotel and happen to sit across the table from another person on the tour.  It was Victoria Laine. Come to find out she is a needlework designer. I was telling her how I was afraid of screwing up my mini casket. She had already designed and made a casket all on her own. She was so positive and encouraging.  She told me to "Just do it". I came home with her positive energy and actually finished my mini casket.


I have since taken off the top and sides and put them back on about three times trying to do a better job each time. 

Then I went on another tour last year, the Queen to Queen tour. I had the most fabulous time. Victoria and her friend Susan were on that tour too. She is so much more than a needlework designer. I wish I had a photo of her coat. It's unbelievable. She spun her own yarn, dyed it, and knitted it into a coat! She is one of the finest stitchers ever.  Many of her designs have been in Inspirations magazine. Blackworks, sweet bag, Alexander the bug. She can do anything.  That is not to mention that she is one of the nicest people I have ever met-and so positive. In the latest Inspirations magazine is "Castle Keep" designed by Victoria. I absolutely mast make one of her designs. So I ordered the kit.



The project is small and sweet.  There are a lot of different threads.
It is special because it is designed by a wonderful person and friend.
A



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! I look forward to seeing this kit made up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, as id the casket you finished.
    How wonderful to meet a designer.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I love your mini casket!! Great job. What is the stitching on the sides and top from? Best, M.

    ReplyDelete