Monday, May 18, 2020

Progress!

I decided to tackle the cross hatching on the Susan O'Connor project.  I was not happy with one of the bands.  It was awful. Uneven, not the right angle, too close together.





  So I took it out (for the second time!). I have to find a strategy that works for me.  I tried the tiger tape two ways but still wasn't satisfied on how it turned out.  So I turned my work so the lines were straight vertically and could just aim to make parallel lines.  Things went better.


Then there was one more element to add, daisies.

Guess what?  I'm done stitching.  I wasn't sure I could do this. I started out with a blank piece of satin and did all of this embroidery. It is not perfect by any stretch but I'm proud of trying and getting it to a point where it looks okay.  It was a practice for the needlebook and scissors holder in the set. 
Now to finish!

I cut it out. I need a three inch circle shape. Won't this be nice all done?
A


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Much better than just ok! On another note are you on Instagram? Jan Kerton (windflowerembroidry) has pictures of a stunning stumpwork casket. It is not her work (One of her students I think), but her husband made the box. Worth a look for sure.

    ReplyDelete