Thursday, May 14, 2020

Felt Heart

I got my Sulky Solvy stuff in the mail so I could try it out. I took the  pattern pages for
the Twelve Days of Christmas and copied them onto the Sulky Solvy sheet using my printer/copier.
After the Sulky is printed you select the pattern piece you want, cut it out and remove the backing paper.
It is sticky on the back and you stick it to the felt.
 It worked great, no problem. I like that you embroider right on the design lines. You cut away the extra Sulky. It is then soaked in warm water for a couple of minutes. The Sulky rinses away. if it isn't all rinsed away, it dries stiff and is sticky when wet and you can rinse it again.


Now to evaluate. I don't necessarily like the colors of flosses I chose. My embroidery is not great. But I think that is partly because 3 and 4 strands of floss are used. The outside chain stitch is just one strand of silk. The green heart is still wet so the white floss I used appears gray. I think I should use a sharper needle. For a first try, it is okay.
I will stitch it together and stuff it.
I haven't started the peacock yet as I want to read through the directions and I don't want to make any mistakes! I am also almost finished stitching another project that I cannot show according to the designer wishes.
A

1 comment: