Friday, September 16, 2016

Something New

I belong to the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild.  The program for September was finishing a wooden box and stitching a spot sampler for the top.

This project was designed by Kimberly Nugent of  Samplers Not Forgotten.  I got this project in the mail yesterday.  I love the box.


 Blue, my favorite color!
I really like the spot sampler.  I think it is based on a sampler in Kimberly's collection.  So yes, I had to start it.  It is on 36 count linen.  I like the colors.  I did change the color of  the s motifs ( to Bellagio).

I'm hoping to get a lot more done today.  It is so fun to work on something new.
It is a lovely Friday, full of possibilities.  I did some stash diving yesterday as there is a bird I want to stitch.  I'll show you tomorrow.
A

2 comments:

  1. How did I not realize you were a KSSG member, Amy? This was a very sweet project. Unfortunately, due to traffic, I got to the meeting a bit too late to start the box. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box will be so pretty.
    Great project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete