Thursday, September 8, 2016

Another Project

I went off to the fabric store yesterday searching for the ingredients to make an Elsa dress. Yes. it is for Claire.  How could I resist an opportunity to make my only granddaughter a Halloween costume?  I was so lucky, I got the pattern for 1.97 when the price marked on the pattern was 18.95.

 Then the tricky part was finding the right fabrics.  It needed a sparkly bodice fabric and  a coordinating satiny skirt.


 Then there is an overlay of lace. The net fabric with snowflakes on it looked a little cheap so I went for the more expensive.

 I hope the fabrics will be okay.  The next challenge is to make a dress to fit a little girl that lives far away.  DIL got some measurements for me.  I'm going to start it today.  Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out.
A

1 comment:

  1. That's a great deal.
    Ever wonder why patterna got so expensive?
    They're only made out of tissue!
    The fabrics are all so pretty.
    Claire will love it!
    Have fun sewing it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete