Friday, May 6, 2016

Stash Comes Through

I am impressed with my stash!  First of all, I saw on Facebook that Giulia (of GPA Designs) gave some DMC conversions for the half doll pattern, Maria Teresa.  Yeah!  I couldn't find the Valdani threads it calls for even at Stitchville.  So I wrote down the conversion to DMC.  But I was confused as one of the conversions was for DMC 4015.  There is no 4015 on my DMC chart, granted my chart is old.  So I checked on Stitching Bits and Bobs and didn't see any 4015.  So I commented on Giulia's post that there isn't a DMC 4015.  Guess what, there is.  Giulia got back to me with a source even.  It is an overdyed color.  I was wondering if I would have to order it.  I decided to check some of the overdyed DMC that I have.  I bought some in a box but had no idea what the numbers were.  First box, the numbers were all under 100.  Second box, bingo, the numbers were in the 4000 range.  I had to dig but I found that I actually have it.  How's that for stash?

Then here is how far I got on Buzz.  I'm on the last hive.

I ran out of Week's Bright Leaf floss.  I thought I would have to go to my LNS and see if they had it.  It is mostly a yarn store but they have a big ring of Weeks.  Before I go, I better check my stash to see if I already have another skein.  Guess what?  I do!  Cool.

I can hardly believe it is Friday and I am leaving on Wednesday.  I better start thinking about packing.  My dilemma is I don't know if it is going to be cool or warm.  Maybe I'll have to take some cool and some warm clothes.
I got Lesson 3 for Jackie's Berries Sew Sweet.  Now I am three lessons behind!  ARGH.
A

2 comments:

  1. I was just sorting my own stash and found several doubles of skeins that I didn't know that I had. Buzz is adorable. Enjoy your trip and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DMC variations are pretty.
    Can't wait to see Buzz finished. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete