Friday, May 20, 2016

A Weekend in the Country 4

Now it is Saturday and we have class all day. It is raining when I get up so no walking today.  It is also freezing.  How can it be so cold in May?

 I have skipped ahead just a bit and started the first row of bargello.  It is hard to get the first row of bargello in correctly and I did a lot of ripping.  Then I find out the the teacher did hers over six rather than the over four that is in the directions.  That's what I get for trying to be ahead of the game.  But no worries.  I compare what I've done to the teacher and decide I like the over four version and will continue.  I may even change a few colors along the way.  We got a cute little bin of finishing supplies and another chart.



We ate lunch at the restaurant.  Whenever you walk by the restaurant there is a strong smell of fried chicken.  This place seems to be very popular with older people.  They have a big salad bar.  But I decide to get the sliders.  (Sinful!)  I eat them all, groan.
Then we go back to the class room.  Anna's mother is in the hospital and we are going to leave after class.  I want to see the projects the teacher is going to teach in November.  Near the end of the class time she shows us the two projects.  Oh, I'm in trouble.  I love them.  I didn't think I would but I do. Photos don't do justice to these samplers.   I'm not sure I can come back in November but we'll see.

Our trip home goes pretty well.  We try to stop every hour and stretch our legs.  We make it back just fine.

This was a very nice retreat.  I love the projects.  The area we stayed at in Ohio was beautiful and interesting.  The shopping was fun.  It was so great to spend time with my friends who are just the best people in the world.  I'm a very lucky girl.  And I have a big bag of chocolates.
A

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your finished projects.
    Glad you had a great time and got to shop!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete