Sunday, March 15, 2015

Smalls and Mail

Here are all the smalls to the Edinburgh Etui.  All done!  Hurrah!

I'm not as happy with the needle purse.  I think I could have done a better job in the finishing.  I should have trimmed the seam allowances closer to reduce the bulk on the flap.
 The green bead was not holding the case closed so I changed to a button.



I could take it apart and try again but I'm not in the mood to redo at the moment.

I got some Jackie kits in the mail!!


 I have the Indian Ink and the Case of India Ink projects in old copies of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly magazines.  What I didn't have (and really wanted) was the scrim that goes on the front of Indian Ink.  That just makes this project.  So I jumped at the chance to order the kit.  I got it in the mail yesterday.  I had to start it.  I wanted to see what the scrim looked like on the front of Indian Ink.  I love it!


I worked just a bit on the corner of Friesland.  Slowly but surely progress is being made.

I walked outside today!  Wow, it has been several months since I was able to do that.  I only fell once.  There was black ice by the bridge.  Luckily, I didn't fall hard and I didn't have very far to fall.  It was merely embarrassing.
A

3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't have any repercussions from the fall!!! The smalls are wonderful--I need to get cracking on mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the smalls are cute.
    Great next project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sweet treasure..
    Lovely goodies..
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete