Monday, March 23, 2015

First Class of the Year

I was so excited to finally be going to my first stitchy class of the year.  So Friday afternoon I drove to House of Stitches.  I didn't want to go to the hotel first, I wanted to shop!  I had been there last June with my friend Terry.  Since needlework market I had been wanting some of the things that I saw on various sites and I made a list.  I found some of the things I was looking for.  It was very fun shopping.  They didn't have the Italian designers things but otherwise, I got everything I was looking for.

I saw the hotel as I was driving to the shop so it was easy to backtrack and check in.  I had a lakeview room.  This was the view from my balcony:



I was surprised at how much ice was still on the lake.  It was cold too.  It was great to have a view anyway.  It was a big room.


 The bed was so high, I wasn't sure I could get into it without climbing on a chair.
Friday night we met after dinner (McDonald's as we were pressed for time).  House of Stitches had a small project for us.  It was this bottle meant to hold needles.  There was banding to go around the bottle and you could stitch one of three designs.  It was a great project. I was able to finish mine.

 I choose the flower design.  Betsy, our teacher, chose to do a little red design.  It was so cute that I decided I wanted to get one more of these little kits and make one just like hers.  We also got a basket of goodies.  I love getting presents.  Great day!
A

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amy, great stuff! Wonder where I could fin one of those little needle bottles for myself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so beautiful and so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :Looks like you found some great stash already.
    The little needle bottle is cute.
    Have fun!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete