Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Finishing

I got the second finishing lesson for Rhapsody in Blue.  It is a lot easier than Lesson One.  I finished the pin disk.  I added my own twist on it as I didn't want to just pin the ribbon around the edge.  Now I can't find the pins.  That is my goal for today - find the pins!

I finished the little rectangular pin cushion.  So cute!  I love it.  That mylar is a bear to cut correctly, it slips all over the place when you try to cut it.


Then I worked on the pin heads.  She didn't really give us a way to finish the back of the pins.  I'm thinking of doing a spider web rose with the floss on the back.  You could sew on a button on the back or glue/sew  on a piece of ultrasuede.

Then I made the strawberry but I didn't like it.  It was too long and skinny.  So I resewed it and ended up throwing it away.  I cut a new one and intend to make the seams a bit deeper.  I made the top of the strawberry and it is okay.

So I'm getting close to finishing this whole project.
Dylan liked working with the plastic canvas so much.  He was more confident and knew how to thread the needle and how to start and end.  I was very proud of him.  His school is on spring break next week so I won't see him until the 8th of April

My kit for Mermaid Treasures was mailed yesterday from Canada.  I read the first lesson.  Basting.  But I have great respect for Amy Mitten and if she says to baste, I will baste.  I am excited about starting this project.  How long will it take to get a package from Calgary?
A

2 comments:

  1. Amy the finishes look so great! I love the pins! Cant wait to see picture of the mermaid Treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I so enjoy your blog!
    I look forward to your posts and they are at the top of my reading list.
    Even though I haven't started Rhapsody in blue yet, your posts make me think I will be able to do it.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete