Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rewind

I was just taking out stitching that I did yesterday on the Home Sweet Home tape measure.  I wasn't happy with it at all when I looked at the photo in the book.  Why doesn't mine look like that?  Then I read the directions.  Oh, you are supposed to use three strands and I only used one.  I'm my worst enemy sometimes.  Assuming I know stuff when I don't.  I also messed up the strawberry.  Again using one strand when I was supposed to use two.  Going over 4 threads when I was supposed to go over eight.  Doing queen stitches when it calls for rococo stitches. So essentially I am starting over.  But the good news is, it looks like it should now!

Then I looked at the GPA project and decided that maybe I was doing it the wrong direction.  So I turned the fabric 90 degrees and started at the other end.  While I was restarting I decided to change the colors.  The yellow was too brown.  The blue was too dark.  I am much happier with the colors now.  The photo doesn't show the colors correctly.

I am thrilled with my Bookmark!  The woven edge turned out nicely and didn't take forever as I expected.  I'm still not very good at ending it off but it is passable.  I'm toying with the idea of putting a twisted cord bow on the bottom.  I love how the woven edge looks so integrated rather than tacked on.



Mr. Snowman got a bit of work yesterday.  I have most of a bunny done.  I am aiming to get to his face today. I discovered another one of my mistakes.  I was using 702 instead of 701.  It's a brighter green that called for.  I may take it out.  I'm going to put in some of the 701 and see if I can tell the difference between the two.

I'm going to be more careful today.
A

2 comments:

  1. Amy, your woven edge looks great. Would you be willing to share how you did it. I assume it is in fact twisted cord stitched on -- just done to look integrated rather than tacked on. You continue to amaze me with your productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Amy. That bookmark will become an heirloom I am sure. Looking forward to progress on Mr Snowman.

    ReplyDelete