Monday, May 7, 2012

Done

I'm happy to report that I finished the Bookmark.  All 4815 stitches.  I found some nice teal color dupioni silk to back it with.  I put some skirtex in to give it some stiffness.  Now I am putting on the woven edge.  This is the test to see if I would go to a lot of trouble to give something a nice woven edge.  I am using some #8 pearl cotton.  I wish I had some silk pearl and I wish I had used #12 pearl instead. But this is a learning experience.  I tried making some twisted cording using the #8 pearl cotton but didn't like it as much.  I like delicate and the #8 is not so dainty as the #12.


I tried the new stitch, knotted pearl, and worked on the stem of the strawberry for the measuring tape holder for Home Sweet Home. It started off a little rough but now I am getting the hang of it.  I realized that I don't need to pad the strawberry which is stitched in queen stitches.  Yeah!

Then I started another of the GPA pieces.  I'm still not sure about the floss colors I chose but time will tell.

Dylan and I are going to make some hand lotion (baby lotion, Vitamin E cream, aloe & vaseline) for his mom for a Mother's Day present.
A


1 comment:

  1. Well done Amy. It's always great to be able to re-use a technique isn't it. I'm sure you will use that woven edge many more times too. I think Amy Mitten needs to come to NZ and teach me! Have a great day with Dylan.

    ReplyDelete