Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Bottom Half

I am working on the bottom half of the Bookmark.  It will go much faster than the top half as I have basted in some lines to help me figure out where I am.  I really like how this is turning out.  I am thinking of how I want to finish it.  I might like to try the woven edge like I did on Vierlande Winders' Keeper.  And maybe a tassel at the bottom.  It is fun to see it develop.

I finished off the nutcracker Santa.  It turned out bigger than I expected.  It was an easy stitch.

I cut out all the parts for a small mat.  I got the pattern and materials at a quilt shop in Minnesota.  I followed the directions but wonder whether I should have put some stitch witchery stuff on the backs before I cut them out.  The table mat I made last year did it that way and then you ironed it all together before stitching it down.  But this is just a little mat.  I may iron some webbing on the back to keep things together.  I'm not very good at getting these done.  They tend to languish in a pile after I lose interest.  I'm hoping this is small enough that I'll keep at it.

It is a lovely day outside.  When I went out to get my USA Today, the sun was shining, it was warm and I could smell the flowers.  I hope DH takes the plastic off the back porch so we can sit out there.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment