Monday, July 6, 2020

Queens Sampler

I read the directions to the next line but managed to make mistakes anyway.  But it was good to try out diffeent stitches.  My advice for today is: Start in the right place.  I've read Linda Vinson's changes and decided whether or not to follow them.


Here is part of the arcade and my first try of a detached buttonhole leaf. As I was working I discovered the leaf was two threads too high.  One of the green bushes was the wrong color. The curlycue on the arcade is one thread off. A ground curlycue was one thread too tall. Three of four of these will get fixed. More words of advice: Don't work on a complicated piece late at night.

 I took out the first leaf, repositioned and stitched the leaf again.
This is the whole piece - so far. I filled in the arcade with chain stitch and am happy with it.
Wait till I get to the queen stitches.
A

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, I know we notice our own mistakes, but to be sure I can't see any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty & colorful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work--you don't give yourself enough credit, A!

    ReplyDelete