Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Italian Ribbon

This is Italian ribbon.  I've seen it before in Jenny Adin Christie's kits.  It is fun to work with as it stretches and you can shape it. It can cover raw edges or simulate water.

 My friend Janet got some from Specialty Beads.com. See the little spools? Aren't they cute? I think I got those from Jenny's boutique last year. The ribbon comes in lots of colors. It has a sparkle to it too. Here it is covering the edge of the wool.
 This ribbon will be under the scalloped edge,

 After I was all done stitching the scallops, I realized I didn't do them right,  Do I take them out or leave them?  I decided to wait until morning to decide. So now it is morning and they don't look too bad.
Next is the topknot of beads on the peacock's head, I'm close to being done!!
A

3 comments:

  1. Your peacock is looking lovely. I think the scallops look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This small piece is really something with all the techniques and materials used! And the scallops look great!

    ReplyDelete