Monday, May 2, 2022

Guild Class

 Our guild had a meeting yesterday. I worked feverishly to get the stitching done. BUT, I did it my way.  It was supposed to be over one on 36. I didn’t want to do over one so I didn’t I did one strand of floss ( a whole cross stitch not half cross) over two on 36. Since it was bigger than it was supposed to be some of the other pieces didn’t fit. I chose a different backing fabric. One of the flowers I had to take out three times before I got it in the right place.

I think it turned out nicely.

The back:


The herringbone stitch over the ribbon could have been more even but I’m happy with it.


I also watched the opening Zoom featuring all the tutors for the classes.  I love Jenny Adin-Christie’s design so much. I didn’t get into class with her but I am on the wait list. The classes start today!!

A

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I love what you did to make this charming piece your own. The design, backing fabric and ribbon treatment are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish, Amy! I love the herringbone stitch over the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete