Monday, May 9, 2022

What Did I Do Last Week?

 I had a very busy week. I am on a new medicine that deprives me of any and all energy so it is no surprise that I needed. Nap most days.  I had my first class with Mandy Ewing. We had a total of four hours of class each of three days. That is a total of 12 hours. Mandy showed us how to do each item in the design and stitched along with us. This is how much I got done:


It doesn’t seem like a lot. This was a good exercise for me. I have not known how to deal with filament silk so this gave me some practice. We stitched with two hair-like strands in the needle.

I also had 3 lectures with world renown embroiderers. The most memorable was Michele Garragher who embroidered costumes for Game Of Thrones. Dr. Lynn Hulse was very interesting. I have had a class and lecture with her on my last tour. I have another lecture this afternoon. My fabric is in a hoop as the frame loosened up and fell apart. Mandy was working in a hoop so I put mine in a hoop too. There is no class or lecture tomorrow but I have an infusion.

We picked up the frames I ordered so now I can finish-finish some stitching.

A

1 comment: