Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Home Sweet Home

I finished stitching Home Sweet Home.

 The house, that is, there are still some smalls to stitch but this is the main etui.

I need two bee hive charms to finish this off.  I looked up a place that sells them.  Then I looked up to see if I could find them on Ebay.  Yes, I found a place.  So I bought them.  They won't be here until Monday but I'm sure I can sew them on even if the house is already put together.

Now comes the task of putting it together.  I bought the pre-cut boards from Australia so it would be easy to put together.  But I don't think it is going to fit.  I am going to have to cut a few new boards for the outside panels.  But I have to sit down and mess with it a bit.  I think it is about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch too short on each side.



The Wren didn't come yesterday.  Maybe today.  I had to walk at the Y because it was too cold outside, 17 degrees.  Paula asked me about walking.  I started going to the Y several years ago when I stopped working.  I took exercise classes every day and Pilate's on Saturday.  My Pilate's teacher talked about FitBit but I had never heard of it before.  So I looked it up and bought one.  It took me at least a month to be able to get to 10,000 steps in a day.  Without walking, I only get about 2400 steps in.  I ended up not going to exercise class any more and just walking instead.  Fortunately, I live very near a park so I have a place to walk.  I worked out a path that gets me to 10,000 steps.  At the same time DH began grilling fish about 4 days a week.  So I changed eating habits as well as exercise habits.  I lost a little over 30 pounds.  I still have more to lose but I am in much better shape now.  I fight my sweet tooth every day, but don't we all.
A

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be so pretty. I hope you can adjust the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fighting the sweet cravings is my biggest obstacle. Congrats on the 30 pounds down and the healthier eating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything works out to put this together.
    Congrats on your weight loss.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete