Monday, March 20, 2017

Basket of Beads

My goal yesterday was to get the basket of oranges (beads!) done on Home Sweet Home.  Success!  I did it.

I need to remind myself that once I get this side done, I am done with the embroidery and I can concentrate on putting this together.

I worked a little on the By the Sea mermaid.  I found some nifty thread to do her tail in, Bijoux. It is multi colored and sparkly.   I'd sort of like it to cover better, but it is okay.

 Then I noticed that the model is done on polka-dot linen.  I have some polka-dot linen.  Should I start over??

 The mermaid's skin isn't showing up very well.  It would show up better on the polka-dot.  Of course I could redo the skin in a darker color.  I have to think about this.

There is a mistake in the chart.  She is holding a starfish in one hand but all the skin and the starfish are charted for the same pumpkin patch color.  That can't be correct.
It was lovely walking outside this morning, the first day of spring!  The bathrooms are clean.  I'm ready to get to work.
A

1 comment:

  1. The basket of oranges are too cute. :)
    Mermaid is looking good, you could always make the starfish a different color.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete