Thursday, March 30, 2017

Chimney Beads

I put the closure on the top of Home Sweet Home.

Yes, I'm still plugging away on it.  The beads are supposed to look like chimneys.  Don't look too closely as the hedebo stitches are pretty bad.


 I was limited in the length of the left over roof thread (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).
These are the boards that are left to attach.

Now I can turn my attention to the tray.  I stitched the outside of the tray together.  I had to use pliers.

I think it looks okay.  I also had to adjust the size just a bit to fit a little easier inside the box.

I put (glued) some of the lining in after I adjusted the size.  What's left to do is the tray dividing boards.

I'm not following directions and sort of making it up as I go along.  I have found that Elmer's glue works really well.

I have the smalls to do but I'm not in the mood to do them yet.
Luckily I got a photo of the crocuses open before the rain started.

It is supposed to rain all day.  I had to walk at the Y.  One week from today I will be in Minneapolis! And Stitchville!
A


2 comments:

  1. Home Sweet Home is just beautiful. I see nothing wrong with any of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HSH is looking great.
    Pretty flowers.
    It poured buckets all day here yesterday, and is very windy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete