Monday, November 21, 2016

Resistance

Mary Corbet tempts me into many things.  This time it was a kit by Canevas Folies.

 I saw it on her website.  I liked it.  I already have about three Canevas Folies kits that I got from the French Needle.  What am I doing ordering another?  Well, what appealed to me was the butterfly on the lower left. I loved the combination of colors, the black, white, red and tan.  So I ordered it from France (I think).  Anyway it came the other day.  There is the design printed on linen.

 You have to get your own threads.  Some recommended ones are DMC.  Some are House of Embroidery.  There aren't many instructions.  I sort of hate instructions that say "To leave you the pleasure in making this design your own creation, we give no indication of color."  What!?  I don't want to use my own choice, I want to know how to make mine look like the picture on the front of the chart.  Needless to say, this will be a challenge.  Floss numbers that are used in the parts of this chart are listed.  So we will see how this goes.

I went to Target and got the grandchildren wrapping paper for their Christmas gifts.  It was busy!  But luckily I found what I was looking for (Frozen, Minions, Paw Patrol).  I also found some candy that I should not have bought.  Bad girl.
A

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about designs - I will occasionally make some color changes on my own, but part of the reason cross stitchin is so relaxing to me is that I don't have to make hard decisions, I can just follow the directions and something pretty is the result!😊

    ReplyDelete