Saturday, November 19, 2016

Freezing

It was freezing when I went walking this morning.  I should have gone to the Y.  Now it is just snowing.

 SNOWING!  First time this year.  Well, it isn't really freezing (36 degrees) and it isn't the first time we've had snow this year but you know what I mean.  I guess it makes it feel more like Thanksgiving time.  Speaking of Thanksgiving, I did some baking yesterday.  I managed to screw up two of the three recipes.
First I made some prune bread.  Of course, I had to try a piece to see if it was edible.

Then I made some cookies.  You are supposed to put 2 teaspoons of the cherry liquid in the batter.  Not me, I poured in all the juice. The cookie dough was a bit gooey and very pink.  They taste good though.

Finally I made some buns.

Now when I took the last of the cookies out of the oven,  I didn't realize that I turned the oven off.  Then I put the buns in to cook.  Why aren't they brown on top?  I thought when I took them out of the oven.  Then I figured out what I had done.  Duh.  I put them back in the oven that I turned on this time. I hope that are okay.

Let's hope I do better on Thanksgiving.

I got the Queen's face embroidered (Lesson 2).  I love how the face is done.  Easy, and it looks nice.

Then on to lesson 3, The Queen's hair.  This is the interesting part.  You do messy bullion knots all over her hair.  That is going to take some time.  Eventually, you add loops as well.  It is really hard to pull the thread through to make the bullion so that's why Amy Mitten included the hemostats.
I got some hair to do.
A

2 comments:

  1. Yum, your pictures are making me hungry. Love the queen. I can't wait to see how that hair turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Queen is looking great.
    Her hair will look amazing, although it's a lot of work.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete