Saturday, August 24, 2013

Front and Center

I managed to get the front all stitched on Along the River James.

I took a look at the back.

I don't like it.  I want to change a few things.  The front is the hardest part with the most stitching so the back should be quicker.  I also came across a chart that I have from Just Nan as I was browsing Ebay.  It is the Motif one.  It has some elements that I think would look nice on the back.  It will go with the front if I use the same threads used on the front.  I am looking forward to trying out the bargello pockets on the inside.  I think that will be fun.

I have been neglecting Mermaid's Treasures. I'll have to get back to it.

I started a couple of new things.  I put a couple of stitches in Give Thanks from Drawn Thread.  This is the beginning o a chair.

I started Black Santa from Birds of a Feather but I don't like my linen.

It should be darker so that the white of Santa's hair and beard shows up better.  It would probably help if I used the recommended floss.  I really want Red Santa and Gold Santa but they are hard to find and out of print.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment