Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brooch

I finished the brooch!


It turned out well.  I wasn't sure I could make the scallops around the edge look even but they turned out okay.  They don't stick out very much.   I wasn't sure about gluing the back and front together even though that is what the directions tell you to do.

I would feel much better if it were sewn around the edge.  I have enough stuff to make another one.  But I really want to make the heart brooch kit next.  Now I can say that I have some experience under my belt working with metal threads.  I'm sure I could do it better next time.

I finished stitching Pocket for Posies.  Now comes the putting it all together part.  I have a few questions about the finishing.

 There are many photos of the process so that is helping me.  We'll see how I do.
A

1 comment:

  1. The brooch is beautiful Amy.
    Can't wait to see pocket of posies finished.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete