Saturday, April 20, 2013

More Hair

Now the other mermaid has hair and a face and scales.  But this mermaid scales are in a different Bijoux color.  This was not easy backstitch!  But she is done.  I like how she turned out.

Next up are the fins.  They look easy.  Just backstitch lines down them.  I can handle that.

Tomorrow I am driving over the the other side of the state for a class with Barbara Jackson, Sweet Heart of Mine.

That will be fun (I hope).  The last time I drove over to a class turned out to be the worst day of the year for me.  But that was mainly the driving part.  Let's hope things go better tomorrow.  I am taking the GPS so I am less likely to get lost (again).  The fascinating thing about this class is that this is very similiar to another one of her designs.  Look at the magazine from 1994:
I put in a few stitches on the Mary Beale design.
I have to figure out what I want to put in the middle.
See you on Monday.
A

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your Barbara Jackson class. I stitched the one out of the magazine around five or six years ago- after keeping the chart for years. Safe driving

    ReplyDelete