Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Progress

Yes, Cathy B., it is good to make lists.  It is good to have goals.  I thought of a few more since I made the list yesterday.  I finished off the Butterfly pin pad.

 It isn't perfect but it will do - just don't look too closely.  I'm glad to have it finished and now I have some experience with that gathered edge.  I hesitate to glue fabric and so in working with the edge, I used my handy dandy automatic tape gun.  It lays down double-sided tape.  A very helpful gadget.  Then I bent over the edge of the gathered silk.  More or less, the tape holds the edge in place until you get it stitched to the top.  I would kind of like to make some white twisted cord just to hide the edge but I haven't done it yet.

Then after reading a blog (The Unbroken Thread), I decided to do the basket on Flowers of the Needle in a different way.  The couching wasn't looking like I wanted it to anyway.  So I got out the tape measure tape and cut off a couple pieces, one for the top and one for the bottom of the basket.  That way I could make the lines even and parallel.  It worked out great but a line I put in at the top wasn't even so I took it all out again so I could put the line in better and straighter.

Then I worked a bit on the Crest.  I love how this is looking.

 I stitched as much as I could and have it fit on the small box.  But the style doesn't match very well.  So then I thought of putting it on another box.  I have one of those paper mache boxes that would fit it nicely and I could put more of the green vines around it.

I'd really like to have a small wooden box though.  I'll have to see what Michael's and Hobby Lobby has in wood.
 I started two things.  I put some stitches in the bug.

  I much prefer cross stitch to embroidery.  Then I started on of the circle designs.  I am using the leftover threads from stitching the original design.

I started on 32 count with two strands but it seem too heavy.  So I took it out and am going with one.
We'll see how things go.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment