Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Circle Motif

I worked on the circle motif until I got it done.  I wanted to quit but I kept working on it.  I don't really like it.  The style of the chart must be European.  It comes from a French (Spanish?) magazine.  It turned out okay though.  I put some buttons on it.  More junk (snaps, charms) could be added but I didn't want to overdo it.
So now it is ready to take along to the retreat.  There is actually one more design I'd like to try but I need a break today.

I did some math trying to figure out if I can cut part of the American Sampler to fit the side of the small box since the crest doesn't match the style well enough.  This is what I came up with.

I just have to change the upper right hand corner to ...something else.  Maybe another strawberry or flower. This will be fun to try out.

The plan for today is to get the package I have ready to be sent off.  Once I get that done, I can play.
A

1 comment: