Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Detour

I worked on the American Sampler's Man yesterday.


 He still needs a hand (holding flowers) and a face.

  I didn't get done because I took a detour.  It was the mailman's fault.  He brought me the Needlework Nibble I ordered from Thistle Threads.  It is just a tiny kit.  It has gold thread in it and I had never stitched with gold thread and wondered if it was difficult.  A chenille needle was included in the kit so that's what I used.  Stitching with the gold thread was like trying to cross stitch with wire.  It is stiff and can get a kink in it (bad news).  Also I can break and show the orangey thread in the core (also bad news).  So you have to be careful when you pull on it.  It's saving grace is that it sparkles.  I got the hang of it after a while.  It wasn't too hard to finish the butterfly.

It isn't perfect but it looks pretty good.  I started the finishing.  I was interested to see how it goes together.  I might change things up a bit.

I'm not sure I like the foam in the middle because the pins don't go into it very easily.  I may make a filler by stacking up pieces of Warm and Natural instead.

I've got my fingers crossed that the mailman brings me the other kit I ordered from Thistle Threads, Flowers of the Needle.  I'm still waiting for my Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue.  I may complain if it doesn't come pretty soon.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment