Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Little Bit of This and That





I worked on many different things yesterday. But the highlight of my day was when the mailman came to my door. I thought Ooh, the Stocking book has come. I was surprised to get two packages. One was the stocking book but there was another box all the way from New Zealand. I opened up the box from New Zealand and what I saw took my breath away. The box was full to the top with Easter candy! The Easter Bunny is from New Zealand! Thank you to my friend Margaret who made my day with all the luscious things she sent. They have better Easter candy there than here in the US, that's for sure. I drooled as I ate the chocolate covered orange mango flavored marshmallow rabbit. I'm saving some candy to take to Dylan. Really.
Son#2 sent a better picture of Claire in her hat.
I experimented with the second class project for the June Retreat. I folded up some paper and cut a nice oval then traced it with erasable marker onto the linen. Then I tried to decide whether to use the feather stitch or stem stitch. As you can see, I decided on the stem stitch and started adding lazy daisy leaves. I put in a few teal flowers. I thought it needed another color so I added some white. I want to add a pink here and there too. I tried using yellow but it didn't show up. I hope the designer is not miffed at me for changing stuff.
I finished putting the background sequins on and started the appliquing of felt pieces on the Sugar Plum Fairy Stocking. There must be a hundred felt pieces to applique. This is going to take a while.
I finished the Vierlande Winders Keeper pocket piece and started (just barely) the center medallion. I got a bit distracted as I am into my book "The Thirteenth Tale" and could hardly put it down.
A

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy them Amy - just not all at once!
    What a great hint for getting a perfect oval.

    ReplyDelete