Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Picky







I'm picky. I know what I like and what I don't like. Sometimes that trait is a curse. I got the mystery I ordered in the mail yesterday. I was a bit disappointed. I thought it was going to be a stocking design. It is not. It is a rectangle. I don't like the words. I don't like the person figure. I don't think I'll stitch it. Next time remind me not to order something sight unseen. I probably won't like it. I'm picky.
I got Arby's again yesterday for Dylan. But this time I asked for a bun with no seeds and I got ham and cheese along with a chocolate shake instead of Jamoca. But when I picked up Dylan at his classroom his teacher said to go to the office as his Jimmy Johns lunch was there. I remembered that in October Dylan told me he had won lunch from Jimmy Johns. His name was picked from the hat of kids who had perfect attendance during testing week. Yesterday was the day he got his free lunch of a ham and cheese sub. So I struck out again. He ate the Jimmy Johns sub and drank the chocolate shake. I think the universe is telling me to give up already. We decorated the gingerbread house. It was fun and we enjoyed it. Although at the end the roof was sliding down. Next year I should take some long pins or something to hold the roof in place. Anyway, he opened his gifts and liked them. He made me a Christmas card, It was very sweet. I finally remembered to take my camera so I could take some pictures. He has long hair.
I am making very good progress on Mountain Flowers. I can see the end! Only 10 more diamond shapes and I can put it together. There is also a needlebook that goes with it.
Today's tour of the Sewing Room's Unfinished Drawer includes some small designs. Two should be finished into Christmas ornaments. The one with cat and snail is supposed to be a needlebook that matches a box that is in the Curio Cabinet. One of these days I'll get to it.
We went out to eat last night. It was fun. But now I have to be good!
A

1 comment:

  1. Dylan looks quite proud of the Gingerbread House. Disappointing about the food - still the chocolate shake obviously hit the spot! Will you try that one again? Looking forward to seeing Mountain Flowers completed - you have done really well on this.

    ReplyDelete