Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Great Mail








I got the book I ordered from Australia in the mail yesterday. It is so fantastic. I just sat and drooled over it. I am gathering all the stuff I need to stitch it. It is an etui in the shape of a cottage. It is darling and has lots of accessories to stitch. I got some fabric (40 count lambswool) and some ribbon (sheer organdy for the windows) and I am ready to start. It is a huge project. It is mostly embroidered. But I'm wondering if I can use my new PCStitch program to turn part of it into cross stitch. We'll see.
I am one-third the way through the book I am reading, The Affair by Lee Child.
I worked on one of my Christmas presents yesterday. It is a necklace by Rovaris. I love the charms on it. I am putting in one more row of the background color so it will look neater when I attach my initial to the necklace.
I made the little bag that goes inside the Lucet holder. I am sewing on the cording on the edge of the front. So close to being done-done!
The Stitching Tour of the Sewing Room's Unfinished Drawer continues with free Drawn Thread design (birds on a plant), a stitch in time (Prairie Schooler? Cricket Collection?), a sampler with beads and silk ribbon roses and an old-fashioned pansy bouquet.
Dq, I sent your chart off this morning. Congratulations!
We're waiting to hear from Joe about starting the floor. Soon I hope!
A

1 comment:

  1. My oh my Amy, that cottage looks like a lot of work. But what an achievement when it is done. I look forward to progress reports on this one too :-)

    ReplyDelete