Saturday, January 22, 2022

Bargello Strawberry

 I have made some progress on the strawberry pin cushion by Victoria Laine from the Inspirations design collection.


The pattern calls for a black outline around all the parts of the strawberry but I thought that was a bit harsh. I started with a dark red outline around the berry instead and I like that better. I am still deciding whether to put a dark green outline around the big leaf. I wish I were better at shading the four green colors on the sepal.

I went through some of my stitchy stuff and was amazed at all the stuff that I didn't remember having. I am not into ribbon embroidery anymore and decided to donate my ribbon embroidery books to the library.

It is cold and snowy today so I made myself walk half a mile inside my house before breakfast. I will walk more later as I want to get at least up to a mile. That's my goal for today.

A

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy: This looks better with the red outline, black in my mind is a bit harsh, at least for me.
    I walk the dogs even in the cold, it feels refreshing then sit by the fireplace.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete