Saturday, September 23, 2017

Rabbit Holes

Every once in a while I go down a rabbit hole.  Yesterday I read my Embroidery News email newsletter.  I get it every week.  They were talking about Susan O'Connor's design called David Smyth's Garden.

It is from the A Passion for Needlework book.  I have that design traced onto the back of Duchess satin.  So I could start it anytime.  I actually know where it is.  But then other designs by Susan O'Connor were mentioned.  There is a Sweets Bag in issue 51 of Inspirations.  Well, I went looking for issue 51.  I had an aunt in Australia who kindly sent me Inspirations magazine for many years until she passed away.  So I have quite a few Inspirations issues.  They are a bit scattered about in my sewing room.  I'd like to organize them in order and all in one place. (Dream on.)

This is something I would like to stitch sometime.  There is another Sweets Bag in issue 36 but I haven't found that one yet.  You know, I could keep busy for a long time stitching things from Inspirations magazine.  I found a really old issue with a Betsy Morgan design that I have never seen before.  It is a Romanian doll called Cosmina.  Embroidery News also showed a sweet little design from Betsy that was a blue flower.

  I hadn't seen that design before either. 
Anyway that rabbit hole was fun but I didn't get much stitching done.
Here are the three pieces I have finished so far from Heart's Ease Sampler Works' Fractur Sewing Set II.


  I'm starting a biscornu next.  I wonder if the stitching stand is still available - and whether it costs the earth.

I been walking and to the Farmer's Market.  I was good, no candy, no cinnamon roll. 
A


2 comments:

  1. Inspirations magazine is really nice, they have some very cute designs.
    The Sewing Set is looking great
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed Theresa Baird your pictures and she said you've done a lovely job. The stand for the pin cushion is still available from Richard Hyers.
    http://hyerswood.com/page.php?page_id=19

    ReplyDelete