Friday, February 17, 2017

Second Kit

The other kit that I got from Jenny Adin-Christie is called Lakeland Odyssy.

It is a beautiful design using the bookbinding material that was also used on The Owl and the Pussycat.  (I'll be more careful with it this time!) Many supplies, all nicely labeled.

 This kit also has part of the design printed on organza that you embroider over.  It really doesn't look too hard to make.  I just need time.  How lucky am I to get to stitch these kits?

Mandy (no-reply) asked me about the kit for Home Sweet Home.  I bought it a couple of years ago.  But now that I am using it and finishing Home Sweet Home, I can give you a better evaluation of it.  Janet Granger (she has a blog) has made Home Sweet Home without the kit and by substituting threads.  On her site she lists the substitutions she made and gives recommendations if you are making this project. This project can be made without the kit.  I have many threads in the kit that I have used one 18 inch strand out of the whole skein. You need one gold bead for the door knob, so I have used one out of the whole pack.

 I will have a lot of stuff left over.  There are a couple of threads that I would recommend getting instead of substituting.  One is the thread that is used on the roof.  It is the perfect weight and texture but I've never seen this thread before.  The kit was expensive.  But it was great not to have to go tracking down all the stuff needed to stitch this.  

Today is the start of great weather.  That's something we don't get much of in the winter.  But for the next four days we get warmth and sunshine.  I love it.
A


2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful project.
    These kits look amazing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy, Thank you for detail on Home Sweet Home, It's a hard decision to spend the extra money on the kit, especially now the British Pound has dropped in value. Maybe I should think on it a little more. It must look great when it's finished. Your new design looks and sounds so interesting. I must read your posts about the Owl and the Pussycat, I'm obviously missing something. Thank you. Kind Regards Mandy

    ReplyDelete