Friday, April 29, 2016

Know Yourself

The last few days have been relatively cold and rainy for walking.  I'm looking forward to a time when I don't need any coat at all.  My trusty old green raincoat sure gets a lot of use.  DH thinks I should replace it but no chance of that happening.

Okay, so back to the Flemish Ornament.  Since I didn't find any more Duchess silk satin, I ordered some but it won't be here for at least a week.  The Yes paste is permanent, you can't take it off and try again.  Or that's what they would have you believe!  They haven't met me.  I decided to rip that sucker off.  And guess what, I did.

It looks messy but the front is not too bad.

 I just wanted to try stitching without the stuff on the back.  I know myself, and I know I couldn't do it through hard paste and paper.  It is just too difficult and too tedious.  Maybe I put too much paste on, there was a really hard layer of it under the paper.  It is hard enough for me to just embroider so I couldn't make it even harder and hope to ever finish it.  The design is really quite small, you must use very small stitches on it and I just couldn't do it through, essentially, cardboard.
Anyway, I am happier.  I guess I should have muslin at least under the satin but I wanted to try embroidering directly on the satin.  So I did.


I'm still getting used to the thread.

I added the snap to the Just Nan needlebook and it is totally finished.  Now I can work on Buzz.

 May starts on Sunday, how can that be?
A

1 comment:

  1. I hope stitching on just the Satin turns out ok for you.
    It looks great so far.
    Good progress on Buzz.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete