Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It's A Boy!

Last night a sweet baby boy was born to DS#2 and DIL.   Six pounds, six ounces.  We do not know his name yet but we are thrilled that he is here.  Oh I wish I were there and could hold him.  There are two tiny pictures of him on my phone.  Can't wait to see him up close and personal and kiss his little baby feet.

I was so thrilled to get a package in the mail yesterday.  It is the Flemish Ornament Kit from Rachael Kinnison.

BFF#2 was here when it arrived so we had fun opening it together.  There was a sweet little thingie on the label.



I wanted this kit because it is beautiful and because I want to stitch the front of the drawers of my casket in this style with scrolling vines, leaves and flowers.
The satin fabric is beautiful.

It was fascinating reading the directions.  There is a heavy paper that you glue onto the fabric and stitch through.  I haven't done that before.  That requires that the stitching be on a slate frame.  I have some Evertite stretcher bars but I don't know if that is good enough.  I'll have to ask her.
There is Piper silk in the kit.

I've never worked with that kind of silk before.


There are lots of metal threads I haven't tried yet either.
This is going to be a challenge!
I need to finish reading the directions and try to follow them as closely as possible.
One step at a time.
A

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new grandchild! And that kit looks challenging, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new grandchild. There is nothing better. ...jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming a Grandma again!
    The kit looks lovely.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete