Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Last of 2014

It was too cold to go walking outside so I went to the Y.  I really have been lucky this year with all the times I've been able to walk outside.  This was a lucky year in many ways.  I went to more classes than ever - and had a blast doing it.  I am thankful that I have friends, new and old, that enjoy this passion for needlework.  Thanks BFF and second BFF for all our fun times - many involving food.  I am also thankful that my DH doesn't mind my travels and lets me indulge in such fun.  How lucky am I?

I did tiny things yesterday.  I made a grape.  It is a scissors fob for the scissors that came in the Autumn Casket Keepsakes kit.  That means I finger wove the cord and used detached buttonhole around a felt sphere to make the "grape".

Then I started on the pouch.  It is really an ingenious design by Amy Mitten.

 I stopped when I had to iron it.  So the goal for this last day of 2014, finish the pouch that goes in the threadwinder/pomegranate.

I cooked my gingerbread but it wasn't terribly successful.

It remains a bit doughy inside.  It doesn't taste very good.  It retained the mold design very well.  But I have to cook it at a higher temperature or longer.  I wish that it was a lighter color so one could appreciate the design even more.  Maybe I should try making some shortbread and see what happens.

Mary Corbet had an interesting article on her needles yesterday.  I'll show you how my needles are kept tomorrow.
A

3 comments:

  1. May the new year be even better than 2014 but most of all I wish you a wondrful year for you andyour family.
    Angi
    In italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gingerbread cookies are pretty! Bummer they didn't turn out like you hoped. Wishing you many blessings and happiness for the New Year.
    love Annette
    ps you had some great travels for sure in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very thankful for knowing you and I love all the traveling, adventuring, and e-chatting we do! -BFF

    ReplyDelete