Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Stash

I got some great stuff on my trip.  Here is a photo of it spread out on my hotel bed.
I got a bunch of Jackie kits.  I was able to finish a couple of them while I was there.  In the picture of our class project, September Morning, there was a darling pin holder that was shaped like a basket.

The front and the back are scrims.  It was easy to sew together.  I am not usually a scrims person but I really liked this one.  Scrims cost way too much.  So this was a splurge.

Then I saw this sweet pin disc.  I think I saw one at the class I had at Salty Yarns with Jackie in September.  I wanted it then so I was happy to get the opportunity to buy one.  It also was easy to just sew together.

The next Jackie kit was a quick easy stitch that I did in my hotel room.
 I put it together when I got home.
I got another kit done that I will show you tomorrow.  Two of the kits I got are still teaching kits and I gave them to DH to give me for Christmas.  
A lady I met at the retreat is in search of some Thread Gatherer Silk N Colors limited edition thread called Bird Brain.  If you have any that you wouldn't mind letting her have, let me know and I'll pass along the info.  She has looked high and how and can't find any.
Thanks!
A

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pretty things you have made. Do you have a special place to display them? I wish it were possible to buy Jackie's kits with out taking her classes, although I wouldn't have a clue how to put them together. lol

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice additions to the stash! I especially like your pinkeep choices. Merry Christmas!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great stash!
    Drool, drool! lol
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete