Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Home Finally

My trip really ended on Tuesday afternoon when I was finally able to get home.  Then life really got busy.  Christmas stuff needed to be taken care of.  So all of last week was getting Christmas all set.  I made three batches of caramel corn.  I made a mistake on the first batch using only one stick of butter when I was supposed to use two.  So I have a batch of low fat caramel corn.  Then I made fudge, with and without nuts.  Then I made this other candy that is just oreos, pretzels and peanuts stirred into melted white chocolate chips.  I want to make Claire an ornament every year.  Luckily I can use some things I stitched on the plane.  I stitched up two Shepherd's Bush kits.


 The kits had mats in them and are meant to be framed.  But I decided to make them into ornaments.  That's what a time crunch will do to you.  Here they are all finished:

I'll show you the stash I got on my trip tomorrow.
A

2 comments:

  1. Claire's ornaments are darling. I especially like the stocking. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally made it home safely.
    What an experience to be stuck for a whole day!
    Claire's ornaments are too cute.
    Can't wait to see the stash you bought. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete