Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tool

When I was taking the class with Betsy Morgan, she used a cool tool to cut the mylar.  It is a Martha Stewart design and is actually three tools in one.  Everybody in class wanted one.  When I got home I went to Michael's and found one.

I love having good tools.

I got most of my goals accomplished yesterday.
I finished the third petal for the carnation.

I wove the other drawstring. I was putting this off because I knew that it had to be done in one go, no stopping,and that I needed to work on it for about an hour straight.  It went better this time and I don't have any parts that I need to hide.

I started the couching of the silver thread for the cornflower.  But the thread broke!

 I have to decide what to do.  I'm changing the couching thread and the needle I was using and starting over.
I saw a completed carnation on the website tutorial so I'm inspired to keep going.  I have one more petal to make and I can put mine together and finish my carnation.  I'm going to see how much I can get done today.
A

1 comment:

  1. ooooh I felt your shock as I was reading about your thread breaking.
    Hope you have a better couching thread to use. Good Luck!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete