Sunday, March 30, 2014

Drawn Thread Day 25

Today's Drawn Thread finish is called Lily of the Valley.  It is from the unfinished drawer so that means it is stitched but I haven't done anything else with it.
It would look better ironed.  I like it and it is a sweet design.  I suppose it would look good framed.
But I ran out of wall space a while back.

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!!!  I finished off Along the James River.



Boy does putting the edge on change the look of it.  Wow, when I look at it, I think of all the work that went into it.  But I am very proud of it and proud that I finished it.  I changed the corners.  Two of the corners look great and two are a bit wonky.


 But I like the mitered corners better than the flipped ones.  This is my first time working with using quilt template plastic for a stiffener inside something.  It worked fine although I added some skirtex like stuff as a padding to the front side of the plastic.  Also I didn't like the wrap around close so I used the left over edging to make ties for a bow.  I am very happy it is finished!
I may take it to show off at Spring Fling.
A

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish.
    I am sure that your stitching Friends will love to see it.
    Have fun at Spring Fling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Lily of the Valley" is lovely!
    I have stitched it too . Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishing is stunning and I wish to live near you and get the chance to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! Love the way you have done the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish, looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete