Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Spring Garden

I worked hard to finish up A Spring Garden yesterday.

I wanted to finish it because I wanted very much to start something else.  It is another bookmark.  I got the pattern as a PDF download at Pinoy Stitch.  First I wanted to see if I needed one or two strands of floss on the 32 count linen.  So I tested using just one strand and decided that I wanted to use two.  32 count is not what is recommended, 18 is.  I have some 36 count that I could work on over two strands but I wanted something that would be easy to work on so I went back to my old standard Sandstone.  I got a hunk of it when I was at Stitchville last.  I'll have to get some more when I go there in April for Spring Fling. (33 days!)
I wanted to check and see if a certain part turned out.  Then I would know if it was worth the time and effort to finish it.  It is a solid stitch, meaning that all the linen threads are stitched.  So it will be a lot of work.  I wasn't sure it was going to be okay when I first started.  Strange colors that looked startling next to other colors.  Not soft and blended.  But now I am far enough along to feel that it is worth  finishing.  In fact, I can't wait to get back to it.
So far:

Can you tell what it is?
A

1 comment:

  1. Spring Garden is so cute.
    No idea what your next project is. lol
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete