Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In the Basement

I have been shopping today.  I couldn't believe how deserted Target and the Mall were.  I was wondering if they were even open.  But it was such a nice change from the craziness of the Christmas season.  I was on a mission.  Socks for Claire.  I've seen some very cute socks online but there isn't that much choice in the stores.  I saw lots of inventory tags.  It's that time of year.  I found some socks and a onesie that was too cute to pass up.  Of course the danger when shopping for one thing is finding something else you weren't planning on.  So I ended up with stuff for me too.  I was kinda of keeping an eye out for some nice clothes to wear in LA but all the clothes are ugly or too old ladyish or made out of junky thin material.  I'm realizing that old people aren't that different from younger people.  Except for shoes.  I could never ever wear those crazy platform heels.  I go for comfort.

Not a lot of stitching got done yesterday.  I got all the lettering done on the outside back of the Painted Lady Sewing Case.  Now I'm working on the basement.  I am enjoying how it's coming along.  I'm really looking forward to starting the outside front.  That's the cutest part of the whole piece.

I better iron today or I won't have anything to pack for LA.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment