Thursday, October 27, 2011

Getting Started





Things never turn out like you expect. We were all excited. All the junk has been taken off the counter top. Joe was supposed to be here at 8:30 to put in the backsplash tile. But the starter on his truck went out. So I was able to go to exercise class today. If he gets the starter fixed he may yet show up. Whatever.
I got lots done yesterday. I finished several triangles and if I worked on it all day, I could finish up the back of A Spot in the Mountains.
I tried lacing one of the fabric cards together for Button Lover's Brag Book. There are several ways to put it on the stiff interfacing. You can glue, lace or sew it to the interfacing. Since the designer laced hers, I decided to try that first. She said you didn't need to miter the corners but my corners don't lay as flat as I would like. Maybe I will gently iron them down flat. The next one I do, I think I'll try mitering the corners and see if I like that better. I started the outside cover! How fun.
I got good mail yesterday. A package! I am waiting for an order from Stitching Bits and Bobs. Orders from them always take a month and it has been a month today. But it wasn't from them. I also ordered these rods to roll my stitching on as I stitch in hand. But the order that came yesterday was the Winter Cottage from Gay Ann Rogers. I am trying to figure out how to do this on linen instead of congress cloth. I do have a piece of congress cloth I can use. I'm thinking if I use 32 count and go over two it will turn out just a bit bigger than the congress cloth. Still thinking....
A

1 comment:

  1. Great progress. Lacing to card is always fraught with difficulty I find. Usually I don't mitre the corners but I do press them flat. Good luck. I have ordered Winter Cottage too - Gay Ann told me she'd do my order last and not to worry - so it might arrive for Christmas just in time for the middle of summer here!!

    ReplyDelete